Sunday, December 13, 2009

I told you I wasn't lost!

There is so much to write about...as with most/all of you, it's tough to know where to begin. First, it's a VERY rainy day. Sometimes the rain makes me feel excited to begin the day. I feel energized - sometimes. This is not one of those times. Instead, the rain has produced tears. It is almost as though the rain has given me permission to cry. What would I cry about? Hmmm, could be many things. I could cry about the multitude of blessings I have given (certainly, not earned): My Savior, because that is what He is. He is the one that takes me out of the dark, swampy, shallow mire. He takes out his wash board (you know the metal kind, cuz that's what it will take) , holds me by my shoulders, and proceeds to gently rub me up and down the metal ridges until I am thparkly (that's Bailey's and Marin's word) white. Then He welcomes me into his warm arm and hugs me, still being gentle. Or, I could cry as I think about the precious Priesthood. I have watched it in action through the MANY blessings given to my mom over the last couple of months. I am so grateful to have my life surrounded by honorable men who recognize and honor that power: my hubby (that one's for you Megan - and honestly, it sounds too child-like to describe someone so important in my life), my brother, my son, my son-in-law (who will be using that power to bless his newborn son today) and even the two sets of area missionaries who came when called to give my mom a blessing. I would not know about my Savior, the Priesthood, or the restored Gospel if I wasn't a member of His church. How thankful I am for my baptismal covenants and all of the eternal covenants beyond that. These promises will make it possible to be with my mom, dad, brother and his family, the Mick Man and my children - FOREVER! Now, back to the tears... These covenants/promises give me some sense of peace right now while my mommy is so very ill. The tears could be for her! I am getting a handle on how frail our mortal existence is...and I am uncomfortable with that knowledge.

I love hearing Janeen call Mom Betty-the-Great. Betty the great, is great. I am so thankful to have spent so many of my years so close to her.

Gotta go...but, I'll be back.

1 comments:

Megan said...

I love your hubby too. He's magnificent Mickey.